Monday, February 21, 2011

Ah what procrastination will do

I try to do work here. Really.

Ok, not really. I mean, there is work to be done. I could be doing it. I am currently sitting in the library, excuse me the Information Services Centre, attempting very hard to do it. Well.... not too hard. Apparently my desire to procrastinate is so strong that I am blogging for the first time in about 2.5 weeks. So... I mean you can't blame me. Really. All of my classes basically only have work due at the end of term: papers and finals that aren't until May. It's February, excuse me if I don't start studying.
I mean, I do have papers due before then-- but not till next week! In fact, I came to the library today to start my paper due next Monday. Thats seven days away. I am swimmmmming in time.

Will this bite me in the ass? Yes.
Do I care right now? No.

I'm too busy ya know... being in London... and stuff. For example, as soon as this little foray into the library ends I will head to Tesco to buy groceries and attempt to save money on the ever costly food that is served in this lovely country. Hello Tesco mac & cheese, my name is Susan, welcome to my refrigerator (and eventual tummy). Then I will cook dinner and peacefully watch television until I head over to UCL's student bar-- yes I realize I go to King's, the enemy of UCL-- and drink at their pound a pint night. Do you know how much a pint costs? MILLIONS. And not of dollars, of pounds. It's a crime. My student bar does give discounts but its like 2.50 pounds for a cheap beer, that's like $4. If I went to a regular pub, easily 3.60, and the good stuff, 4.20. So what am I to do? Eat Tesco brand dinners and save money, yes.

Right-- off that topic. Tomorrow I have class again, Museums of London. Sounds interesting? I thought it would be too. I mean... I'm being mean. Wait, I'm being truthful. The lecturer tries, she triessss, which is very admirable. But... it's just not working. If I ever meet someone who is more like Trelawney  I will eat my hand. A wee spacey, this woman. But we go on trips, so that's nice. Tomorrow is to the V&A (Victoria and Albert) which is a great museum, and I'm excited to see what 4 random pieces she will decide is relevant enough for our 20 minute trip. But then after!!! I go to Oxford. Yes, I realize that I have class Wednesday morning-- but you must understand-- this is necessary. TJ has been kind enough to give me one of his extra tickets to hear Richard Dawkins speak tomorrow night. Now be jealous, thank you.

Okay. That was good. I'm glad that I did something else productive. But maybe I'll try to work now... maybe.
Goodnight and good luck,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment